This book is a must read for anyone responsible for advertising at their club or golf business.
Written by Claude Hopkins in 1923, it is still considered one of the best books ever written on advertising.
Decades after this book was published, another advertising Giant “David Ogilvy” said about Scientific Advertising – “Nobody, at any level, should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times. It changed the course of my life”
Here are some of Claude Hopkins Axioms:
- He believed advertising existed only to sell something
- All advertising should be measurable
- Advertising must be justified by the results that it produced.
- A good product is often its own best salesperson therefore he was a great believer in sampling
- Many more GEMS included in the book
Two of the well known companies he worked for are “Bissell Carpet Sweeper Company” & “Swift & Company”. When Claude was 41 (1907), he was hired by Albert Lasker owner of Lord & Thomas advertising at a salary of $185,000 a year!
If you have not read Scientific Advertising and you’re in the business advertising business, or if you’re the one responsible for marketing your club or golf business – make a point to read this book ASAP!