On Friday, February 24 at 10:16 am, I specifically posted this article to Facebook on the 10 Reasons You Should Get Your Kids into Golf Today, with plans on writing this article today. I wanted to show you the power of social media using an article that has been proven to have a great response on Facebook and other social media outlets.
After 4 days of being posted to Facebook, this article has received 507 shares, 420 likes, and reached 64,552 people, meaning 64,552 had this story appear in their Facebook feed. If you haven’t read the article, click here. Please like and share as well if you enjoy. I am sure the amount of likes and shares the article has received on Facebook will have grown even more by the time you read this article.
Engage, Educate, And Entertain
You must Engage, Educate, and Entertain your audience. Just like your email database, you cannot post the same offers and discounts on social media and expect something better than the normal response. Your audience will become used to the content, and unsubscribe or ignore it. You must do something different!
If you look at the article on the 10 Reasons You Should Get Your Kids into Golf Today, you will find that it meets all three of the criteria on Engaging, Educating, and Entertaining the audience.
- How it Engages – The article is based around getting kids into golf, this immediately grabs the attention of Parents, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and any other family members at an emotional level. Creating an emotional bond between you and your audience immediately increases the likelihood that they will become a customer, and share your content with others because they value it.
- How it Educates – The article educates people on the reasons they should get kids into golf. It discusses the many benefits of the sport such as the fact that anyone can play it, how it’s a safe and positive environment, and how a child can learn valuable life lessons. Educating your audience also highly increases the likelihood that they will become a customer, and share your content with others because they value it.
- How it Entertains – The article immediately starts entertaining the reader as Andrew explains that many of the great experiences he has had in life, all link back to a dumpster where his first set of hickory-shafted clubs came from that his uncle found digging through trash. The article continues to discuss his story and then moves to the benefits of golf. The story is certainly entertaining and at least one of the ten reasons listed will once again trigger an emotional response with the audience. Entertaining your audience also highly increases the likelihood that they will become a customer, and share your content with others because they value it.
How Can a Golf Course Take Advantage of This?
Most golf courses still don’t take advantage of social media properly. They can’t see the power of social media if it’s used right. Think about this for a moment.
- There are over 1.86 billion monthly active Facebook users, which is a 17 percent increase year over year.
- 1.23 billion people log onto Facebook and are daily active users.
- The average user spent 20 minutes on Facebook for every session!
- The average user visits the Facebook app or the site 13.8 times a day!
Those numbers alone should show you that Facebook has HUGE marketing potential, but how can a golf course take advantage of this.
Using the 10 Reasons You Should Get Your Kids into Golf Today article as an example, what would happen if?
- Your golf course posted this article, and then at the bottom of the article included information on your kids’ summer camps.
- You posted this article and then at the bottom of the article you included information on your golf lessons programs for kids.
- You posted this article and then at the bottom of the article you included information on your junior leagues.
You Already Know What Would Happen! You have created an emotional bond through your article, the person who reads the article will have a MUCH higher chance of converting to a sale! You’ve engaged them, you’ve educated them, you’ve entertained them. You have given them something that no other golf course in the area has given them, an emotional experience that draws people to your golf club and turns them into loyal fans!
How to Do This at Your Golf Course
You can easily duplicate these same types of results at your golf course, using articles that have been proven to have a high response. The Golf Operator Association includes articles, promotional videos, and entertaining memes & graphics that are ready to be customized and be used on your social media outlets and blogs.
For the best results, combine your social media effort’s with Legendary Marketing’s Lead Generation Program and our golf marketing technology. We can get you on our website and technology program for either cash OR trade! Call me today, 352-233-9815.
John Eidukot :: VP of Technology
“Increasing Your Business is Our Business”
3729 S. Lecanto Hwy Lecanto, FL 34461